Cleaning Requirements for a Successful Move-Out Inspection
1. Refrigerator: Clean thoroughly the inside and outside. Clean both sides of all racks, drawers and the drain pan. Be careful when pulling out the refrigerator to avoid damaging the floor (to clean and unplug). To prevent damage to the compressor, turn the temperature down to the lowest setting for 30 min prior to unplugging it. Leave the doors open to prevent mold and mildew. ( Note: a new water filter is required for all side by side refrigerators)
2. Vent Hood: Clean all surfaces to remove grease, food & any burned particles. Remove, clean and re-install the filter. If the charcoal filter cannot be cleaned, replace with new. Built-in microwaves will need to be cleaned underneath, this is where you will find the vent filter.
3. Range/Stove: Clean all surfaces to remove grease, food & any burned particles. Thoroughly clean the inside, top, sides, burners, knobs (removable on most models), broiler/drawer and oven racks. You will need to lift up the burner top to properly clean the underneath of the burners/sides. DO NOT use oven cleaner on the outside of the stove, the chemicals will remove the paint. If you use an oven cleaner, make sure you rinse it off completely; white residue left is not acceptable. We also recommend you use newspapers to line the floor and under the stove to prevent the floor from being damaged by the chemicals. DO NOT use any oven cleaner on self-cleaning ovens. All drip pans must be replaced with new ones. Please pull stove away from wall and clean behind it, please leave stove pulled out before inspection.
4. Dishwasher: Run through entire cycle first. Remove debris and wipe inside surfaces. Pay special attention to the inside lip of the dishwasher and the outside trim/knobs. Clean and polish the front panel.
5. Sinks: Scrub & clean sinks with appropriate cleaner. Clean garbage disposal gasket, run a cycle to clear out any debris left in disposal. Sink drain covers or strainers need to be left in sink and cleaned. Polish faucet set. Make sure to clean the sprayer (if applicable), this might require a cleaner to remove hard water build up.
6. Cabinets & Drawers: Remove all food particles and items. Wash all the shelves and interior surfaces to include the countertops and cabinet fronts. Remove any shelf liner or bug traps inside the cabinets/drawers. Polish all exterior wood cabinetry.
7. Bathtub/Shower: Thoroughly clean shower surround, tub/shower surround, inside/outside tub from any soap scum/mildew. Polish the faucets & drains. Tub stopper should be cleaned and left in the tub.
8. Toilet: Clean and disinfect all surfaces from floor to top, to include underneath seat rim. If toilet seat underneath is stained, replace.
9. Mirror: Clean with glass cleaner, remove all streaks.
10. Medicine Cabinet & Other Bathroom Fixtures: Clean the towel racks, toilet paper holder and any other fixture. The medicine cabinet should be cleaned inside/outside.
11. Floors: Appropriately sweep or mop; make sure cleaned and disinfected.
12. Carpets: Vacuum floors. A professional carpet cleaning company must clean all carpets. If cleaning is not sufficient; dirt, stains, odor, hair, pet urine odor or any debris remains, the tenant will be charged for additional carpet cleaning by a carpet technician deemed qualified by Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. You must provide a receipt from the company that cleaned your carpet on the day you turn in keys. Carpets have to be cleaned within 72 hours of turning in your keys. Providing a receipt does not guarantee you passed the carpet cleaning. If you choose to schedule a move-out inspection, carpets must be cleaned 24 hours prior to appointment date. Rented carpet cleaning machines will not be accepted or any handwritten receipts. If you had a pet at any time, the carpets must be pet deodorized by the carpet company and include pet enzyme. (We highly recommend you choose one of the vendors listed below.)
13. Walls: Clean all walls; around light switches, along door moldings, and the baseboards. Remove nails and do not fill holes. Excessive or large holes will incur a charge to repair them. If you smoke, wash all walls.
14. Closets: Remove all items and clean shelves. Do not leave any hangers. Clean walls and floor.
15. Windows: Clean the inside/outside of 1st floor windows and inside of any 2nd level windows. Screens must be cleaned also.
16. Mini-Blinds/Screens: Spray the mini-blinds with cleaner and wash in bathtub. If they are greasy or stained from nicotine and cannot be cleaned, you will need to replace them. If the slats are bent/broken from your occupancy, you will need to replace them. Screens that are cut/broken/bent from your occupancy will be charged to you.
17. Light Fixtures & Ceiling Fans: Remove the globe and clean to remove dirt, dust, grease and any bugs, then reattach. Replace any missing or burnt out bulbs. All light fixtures (inside & outside) must have working bulbs (60w). Make sure ceiling fan blades are cleaned, top and bottom.
18. Smoke Detectors: Provide a new 9-volt battery (keep in package) for each smoke detector. Place on counter.
19. A/C Filter: Replace the A/C Filter with a new one. Clean the return vents from any dust build-up.
20. Patios/Walk-ways & Garages: Remove all items and sweep floor. Place grease absorbent on any grease spills in the garage or on the driveway. Any grease/spills that are left will be removed at the tenant’s expense. Vehicles left will be towed at your expense.
21. Lawn: Grass must be recently cut and weeded, to include edging/weed eating under porches and flowerbeds. Bushes/Shrubs to be trimmed back neatly. All trash must be picked up from around the property. If you had/have a pet, all droppings must be picked up.
22. Pest Control: You are required to have the property professionally sprayed for fleas upon move out if you had or have a pet. If a receipt is not provided, we will have this service completed at your expense. Carpets must be cleaned before this treatment is conducted. You will be responsible for the cost of pest control service if pests are found in the property at the time of move out (roaches, fleas, ticks) (Note: receipts for treatment will not be accepted after you have turned in the keys)
23. Fireplace: Must have all ash removed and cleaned. The screen should be free of dust build-up, glass doors should be streak free.
24. Re-Inspection Fee: You will be charged a re-inspection fee if you (a)fail any part of the inspection that requires a contractor/vendor to come out to perform a service you were responsible for (b) if you are not ready at the time of your scheduled inspection or if utilities are not on at the time of the inspection. (c) if the utilities are not on at the time of the inspection; all of which would require an inspector to return and re-inspect the property.
25. Trash Removall: If there is excessive trash left inside the property or at the curb, you will be charged to have the items removed. The city you live in will charge for a bulk pick- up from the curb and you will be charged.
24. Receipts: Lone Star will not accept receipts via e-mail, fax or after your keys are turned in. Make sure you Turn in all of your receipts.